Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Interview with Annette McCleave


I would like to welcome the dark and dangerous paranormal author Annette McCleave to the Backseat.
 Annette:  Hi all!
 TK:  So tell us a little about what lured you to the Dark Side?
AM:  I love dark paranormal stories, have since I was a kid. There's nothing like a vampire or a tortured mage--or in my case a tortured Soul Gatherer--to get my heart beating faster.
 TK:  Soul Gatherer sounds scary...
AM:  Nah....the Soul Gatherers are the good guys. They beat back the demon thieves to save the souls of the dead from going down when they should be going up.
TK:  Oh, now I am curious, how do you mix the sexy in in with the scary?  These are dark worlds you create in your books.  Not the romance of daisies in the field.
AM:  Competent, intelligent warriors are always sexy--even when they're dealing with the devil and death and stolen souls.
And a bit of dark turmoil just makes them more mysterious and alluring.
TK:  So do you go for the "Bad Boy", or just write about him?
AM:   I like to write and read my tall angsty Alpha warriors, but in real life I like them with a little Beta in them.  But I have to say that if Lachlan MacGregor, my Scottish hero from Drawn into Darkness, came knocking at the door, I wouldn't turn him away.
 TK:  I won't tattle on you.  My boy knows if Dean from Supernatural comes to the door he is toast.
 AM:  Ahhhh...Dean. 'Nuff said.
 TK:  So give us a clue, a hint , be a tease...What is coming next?
Cause we all want more.
AM:  The hero of my second Soul Gatherer book, Bound by Darkness, is a suave guy with a taste for everything expensive. He may seem a like a mild-mannered guy, but he's hiding some dark secrets of his own.  Check him out in May 2010. I feel like I'm cheating on Lachlan for saying this, but yummmm.
TK:  Well, it is tough to move on from a Scot, but we shall try as we wait with baited breath.
 AM:  If you like Scots...stay tuned.
TK:  Ouh! Goody, goody.
You are a tease!

Find out more about Annette at her site - http://www.annettemccleave.com/
Also you can see her in Romance in the Backseat's paranormal free read Short Stories  White Wedding Nightmares - with Angie Fox - and the fabulous new Stars are Empty
 Annette McCleave:  Happy Halloween!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home