Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interview With Author M.L. Lacy

Hi
My Name is Doni, I'm a Reviewer for Romance in the Backseat.  This is my  interview with  M. L. Lacy, author of the book Chrysalis The Awakening.


DRM
How did the idea of Chrysalis come into being?
M. L.
I had always had this story.  I thought about it in many different ways, this is the one I finally settled on.
DRM
The story is full of great descriptions like Yellowstone, have you been there?  It was like I was standing by the geyser with them.
M. L.
I love it there. We travel there all most every year. It's beautiful and I hope I brought that out.
DRM
Yes definitely. Bree is a very strong Character is she based on anyone in reality?
M. L.
No, none of my characters are based on anyone I know...
DRM
Safer that way I bet .
M. L.
Much safer.  I take pieces of people and mold them into my characters so you can't point a finger and say 'I know who that is.'
DRM
Was there anything that you would have done differently if you had a choice in this process?
M. L.
Ah, no...I thought long and hard on that. I could have made it into two books, but I like big books that are good.
DRM
Me too.
M. L.
What was your favorite spot in the book?
DRM
The first time Bree stood up to Thomas.
M. L.
Ah...that was fun.
DRM
I like a strong female character
M. L.
She's learning.  You'll like book 2
DRM
I like the fact that you made her more mature  what made you put her in her 30s?
M. L.
Most of these books are a little younger, and I wanted something my age group could relate to a little more.
DRM
Being 46 and passionate about the paranormal genre I appreciated it.
M. L.
I'm 54 - me too.
DRM
You made the characters jump off the page can you picture them? Do they have faces to you?
M. L.
Oh yeah...I know the faces of each one of them.  Now - whether their personalities are close is another matter!
DRM
Do you think each reader will see them differently?
M. L.
I hope so, I didn't want to lock them down, I wanted your imagination to take over and you put the faces you see.
DRM
I do and its fun to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home