Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DRM
I do and its fun to do.
What do you like to read Madonna?
M. L.
Well, I have three granddaughters so I do read a lot of YA, just so we can talk ..  read Steve Berry, Rick Riordan (both his YA and adult)  Fun things, I don't like sad stories, I don't read a lot of blood and gore I've read Harry Potter, Twilight, things like that.
DRM
Don't really like horror?
M. L.
Not really into horror...  My books may get a little darker as they go on, but nothing to pull the bed covers over your head...Just make ya want to smack Esmeralda around.
DRM
Don't like Esmeralda  Thomas has possibilities.
M. L.
Thomas has a LOT of possibilities. 
Yes he does I can't wait to see what happens Emeralda isn't happy though Where did she come from?
M. L.
She is your typical bully, You will enjoy it. I have two beta readers - I made one cry and the other had to go cook!
DRM
I'm jealous!
DRM
You mix and match myth and legend where did the Native American information come from?
M. L.
My father was a very big arrowhead collector. I loved the old westerns, I really liked Dances with Wolves so I just added him - Gram Greene.
DRM
I had a hard time in the beginning of your book it seemed a bit slow...I kept thinking where is the young Bree’s story?  is there a reason you kept it under wraps and showed it in pieces? 
M. L.
I tried to give you the information up front so Bree could continue the story.  All the books will start like that...bring the reader up to speed  That way I don't have to do a lot of that in the story.  Because the first book had a lot of the past, the next books are very current
DRM
Bree is very relatable.
M. L.
I wanted her to be that way and I'm glad it came across.
DRM
She is real and has lived life do you think that readers enjoy that versus the heroine that has never had an issue in her life?
M. L.
I think so, it's easier to put yourself in her shoes then it is to someone who has never had any problems - we all have problems
DRM
In my review I describe your writing like that of an artist.  It's like a painting to me with all the bright colorful strokes yet the shadow of what is going to happen down the road .  do you see your self in that way or just a woman who has a story to tell.
M. L.
I see myself as a story teller. I enjoy it. I am working hard to perfect it.
DRM
Do you write full time?
M. L.
No, unfortunately I work full time, I write at night, a couple of hours on the weekend. I can write it pretty fast cause I'm always thinking about it - when it's done i walk away then come back and begin my edits, changes, deletes.
DRM
That must be hard to edit your own work?
M. L.
I read and re-read then I had it off to Mikki (My editor) she does more edits, makes suggestions and hands it back.  Then I edit and rewrite email her the changes and then one finally read through.
DRM
That is a question I often wonder about given the mistakes I have read in many published works.
M. L.
I found a few in mine too. So many words.  Oh oh....House is on!
DRM
Thank you for your time Madonna.
M. L.
I look forward to your review and hearing from you once in a while.
DRM
Me too.  Thank you.


Read Doni's Review of Chrysalis The Awakening - Here

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home