Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I am such a Pig! by Heather Kuehl

When I first learned that I was born in the Year of the Pig, I was mad. Why couldn’t I be a Dragon? Or a Tiger? Something that made people go “Ooooh!” But when I read up on what it means to be born in the Year of the Pig, I discovered it couldn’t fit me better.

Pigs can be honest, loyal, and optimistic and I am many of those. I can be honest, sometimes so much that it can be considered blunt. Don’t ever ask me how you look in a shirt or in a pair of shoes. I will tell you exactly what I think, good or bad. I am loyal to those that have earned my trust. I will stand by my friends and family until the end. As for optimistic, though, not so much. I’m a glass half empty girl myself. I will always assume that my favorite team will loose or that the book store will not have the book I want.

Pigs can also be naive and too trusting. I learned the hard way I was like this a couple of years ago. Since then I have made sure to remember that people have to earn your trust, and until they do so they are capable of doing anything.

They say that Pigs also enjoy reading. Heck yeah I do! Once I discover an author, I have to read everything by them. I just finished reading the entire Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (very good reading, BTW) in the space of three months. It would have been sooner, but the library had a waiting list. Right now I’m trying out the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. Hopefully great reading will ensue and I will become hooked.

Pigs aren’t usually very talkative, however if given the chance to talk about something they are interested in, they just can’t stop. Oh yeah that’s me. Mention that you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I will yap your ear off for hours, discussing everything from how hot Spike is to the difference between Buffy’s world and that of Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight.

Career-wise, Pigs are trusted and shine as entertainers, social activists or politicians. I’m not a politician. The thought alone makes me shudder. I’m not a social activist either, although I am not fond of animal testing or the use of fur. I am an entertainer though, if writers can be considered that.

So, you can have your Dragons and Tigers. I’m happy to be a Pig.

Heather Kuehl
Promises to Keep, available March 7, 2010 by Eternal Press.
http://heatherkuehl.blogspot.com

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Dove said...

Oink, Oink!!!!! Love the post, Heather!

Maggie

www.maggiedove.net

February 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you!

February 16, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home