Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daybreakers Review by Crymsyn Hart

4.5 out of 5 coffins by Crymsyn Hart


Daybreakers stars Ethan Hawke, Sam Neil, and Willem Defoe. The movie starts off in 2019 where all the humans have been turned into vampires that don't sparkle.
 

Humans are almost extinct and the vampires can't come up with a blood substitute. The movie is dark and in some ways a commentary on life today in regards to humanity making other wildlife extinct.
Besides the blood and the plot line, it was a vampire flick which I love. So automatically I was going to go see it anyway.

The film was action packed, but it wasn't on the scale of say Avatar, but for a vampire movie it did the trick. It some ways it reminded me of the old film, Near Dark.
 

The main vampire never wanted to be a vampire and tried to assimilate into the life of the others. Of course the others won't accept him back into the fold once he becomes human.

Over all, I loved the movie and would give it 4.5 out of 5 coffins. LOL. Only because I was hoping for a kick ass soundtrack and wasn't too happy with that.

I love to buy soundtracks and this one didn't stand up to something like Underworld.

Either way, go sink your fangs into it. I definitely say its worth the bite.


Crymsyn Hart
Join me on Twitter
www.myspace.com/ravynhart
Portrait of a Vampire - She captured his image only once, and it’s haunted her ever since. - Read More
Turning Ash out now from PHAZE!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home